Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ow.

I think I'll write another blog entry. Seeing as it's been a while, I'm bored, and I can barely move...

Well, it's certainly been a while since I've actually been seriously sore from taiko. When I first started, I'd be aching all week, getting back to normal just as the next practice night rolled around... Then I'd be sore for another week. That hasn't been the case for a long time. And though I may be too late to say "Welcome home, Michelle!" in this blog, I'm certainly feeling the effects of her recent return! Ow.
Okay, so I'm not completely immobile or anything. Don't want you lot thinking I'm completely soft - though I know my weakness is my weakness (haha...) - but I've definitely noticed the difference in our usual practices over the past few weeks.

I think everyone agrees that the endurance training is great, even if you do really feel it afterwards. I find myself focusing much harder on strike, stance and all those little fiddly details, while simultaeously trying to go hard and not burn out! I hope we keep up the drills in some shape or form. Hooray for totally not-subliminal subliminal-messaging!

And as for that nest 'exercise', wow! Seriously funky and cool. Can anyone else see that in a Seiryu-esque set up or is it just me? I'm especially excited about this one because I've never had a chance to play more than one drum at a time before. Can't wait to learn more of it!

That's all from me for now, I think I'll hobble off and do something else. If I can manage. Hmm.
~Iris

No comments:

Post a Comment